COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOL
To Our Valued Patients,
Toronto Hearing Services is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our patients and staff during this period of uncertainty surrounding COVID-19. We continue to closely monitor the situation and are following best practices recommended by our colleges, local and national authorities.
Below is an update on initiatives that have been, or are being, undertaken:
- We have added viral air cleaners to all offices which clean the air continuously to kill viruses, bacteria, and other harmful toxins.
- Clinicians will have the necessary protective equipment mask, gloves and face shields.
- Each patient is required to wear a mask or face covering.
- Enhanced sanitizing and disinfection of high touch surfaces.
- Our sitting areas are continually disinfected and we have limited the amount of seating to allow for physical distancing in our waiting rooms.
- We have added safety shields to minimize person to person contact.
- We are encouraging contactless payment.
- We are enforcing appointment arrivals to be no earlier or later than 5 minutes of your scheduled appointment.
- We are encouraging patients to come alone or only one necessary family member/friend to further assist with our physical distancing efforts. This temporary change is for the safety of our patients and staff.
- We will be screening before each appointment. In the event that a patient or family member has symptoms related to those with the coronavirus we ask that they not enter our offices. Find a full list of symptoms below.
Please do not enter our offices if any of the following applies to you:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty swallowing
- New loss of sense of taste or smell
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea or abdominal pain
- Runny nose, or nasal congestion (aside from seasonal allergies or postnasal drip)
- Difficulty breathing
- Aches and pains
- Been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, or is suspected to have COVID-19
Because we cannot know with any certainty when the greatest risk will be behind us, these protocols will be in place for the foreseeable future, and we will continually re-evaluate their effectiveness, adjusting our operations as required. At this critical stage and in the coming weeks and months, we ask for your cooperation, not only to adhere to the safety protocols we’re putting into place, but to monitor and follow local and provincial guidelines.
Toronto Hearing Services is looking forward to helping you hear your best while keeping your safety a priority.